5 January 2015

2015 - Looking Forward

Following on from my 2014 reflection, here I am thinking about the year ahead. I feel at a bit of a loss with the whole resolutions thing this year considering I achieved some major goals last year, I suppose the next big thing is moving out, which is something me and Lee have talked about a lot and although we'd both love too, it's expensive and who knows if this year will be the year. We are of course only 19 and in no rush, but after being together for almost four years it would be great to have our own space. Anyway, I have no idea what 2015 has in store but I'm looking forward to it. I already have a weekend in the Lake District and The Script live in the pipeline and I've started the year with a brand new blog design and I absolutely love it, it's a pre-made template from pipdig with some minor changes, the service I received from Phil was fabulous, do you like it?

I think this is the year of focussing on the smaller things and some of my goals include;
 Get my teeth whitened - Something I've wanted to do for ages, since getting my braces off I've been so unhappy with how yellow my teeth are considering I look after them and yes it's very expensive as I'm going to be using my usual dentist (I don't trust the bleach used in salons) but I just keep telling myself it will be worth it.
 Learn to cook - This has been on my resolutions list since January 2013. This year shall be the year. I actually have a Mary Berry cookbook my friends bought me for my 18th (because they know I'm terrible in the kitchen) so it's time to make use of it, we'll say 6 recipes from there and I'll be happy.
 Make a scrapbook - Definitely inspired by Lilly Pebbles' recent video on her project life scrapbook, I've wanted to do something like this for a while and I love how clean and organised project life looks, although I have heard that Hobbycraft are quick selling out of supplies since Lilly's video!
 Buy a new car - Basically, my little Corsa is on it's last legs, it's going to fail it's MOT this month which means no insurance when it's due next month and it's not worth spending money on it as it is a very old, well loved car. I'm just so indecisive when it comes to these things, I've been car searching for months now!
 Finish all university assignments before 11pm the day before they're due - I was pretty bad at leaving them last minute last year but this year I've somehow gotten so much worse, barely starting them until the day before, resulting in some awful mornings after just a few hours sleep.
 Plan things! - all sorts of things, adventures and trips, my future etc (scary thought but more recently I've been thinking about where on earth my degree is going to take me).
♦  Get healthy and toned, try classes - the same old resolution that has appeared on every list. I did get in to a good routine for the first half of last year though so I'm determined to get that back. I may even sign up to a local gym for the summer instead of travelling to the uni one I'm currently at. I also really want to try some exercise classes this year, I'm just so scared of going alone! What classes would you recommend for beginners?
♦ No phones in the morning when Lee's here - a lot of the time he's off to work by the time I wake up but when we do get to spend the morning together, we're usually straight on our phones, checking every social media before we properly acknowledge each other, it's not good!

That turned in to a little bit of a ramble but I could go on for hours, there's something so satisfying about making lists and goals for the year ahead. What are your plans for 2015?
Love, Rachael
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I would love to get my teeth whitened this year too.. and no phones is a good one! Me and my boyfriend always spend half our time together on our phones and it's so annoying! xo

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can totally relate, going to try and stick to that one! xx

      Delete
  2. your resolutions are great! I think I need to do some of these myself, especially the phone when my boyfriends here!

    flyhomelittlebird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I think that's a nice one to try and stick too x

      Delete
  3. Happy 2015! Try pilates - it tends to be very calming.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you too! I've thought about pilates quite a bit, I may give that a go!

      Delete
  4. I really want to get my teeth whitened too. I think it makes such a difference!

    Happy new year sweet xx

    Under Blue Lights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I've been so unhappy with the awful colour of my teeth for a while now, I've already got my first appointment booked so hopefully it'll be so worth it! Happy new year to you too Kate :) xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely post, wishing you a wonderful 2015!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice goals to have, good luck in 2015!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a nice year! :) I would really like to start making scrapbooks as well I just don't know if I actually will ahah!

    --------------

    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you too! Aha I feel the same, I still need to get round to buying all the bits and pieces to get me going x

      Delete

© What Rachael Wrote. All rights reserved.
TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig