1 June 2015

May 2015

I'm going to start this post in typical 'end of the month post' style and say HOW is it already June and in true British fashion, WHY is the weather still awful. It's the 1st of June, it's 9 degrees and the heating is on, it's raining and it's windy. Like most, May has consisted of assignment deadlines and endless days of revision and exams, I spent most of that time listening to Disney playlists on Spotify and making mental lists of all of the fun activities I could do after exams. If your exams are still on going then good luck! However, my second year at uni is now over and I have that great sense of freedom that I was counting down the days for. Saying that, I did agree to work for the majority of the time between the end of my exams and the end of May but June will be the month for my summer plans to start.

Something pretty exciting did happen in May which I have kind of held back as it hasn't happened in the conventional way, me and Lee are moving out! It's something we have spoken about for a while now, after being together over four years, and after having a look around we bounced back and forward between the decision to go for it by renting and the decision to hold off and save for a little longer for a mortgage. The decision was made to wait another year or two but we have been incredibly lucky as Lee's dad and his partner decided to help us out. They had planned on buying a second home, so that's what they did, and we're going to rent from them for a great price. Even better, it's a renovation project so we get to get in on the action and work together to plan our own home. It really does seem like a dream and many hours have been spent browsing for home ware inspiration, all we need now is the keys!

The photo above was taken on a day out to Kielder, a super pretty water and forest park. We decided to challenge ourselves and hire bikes for a 6 mile bike ride through the forests, I can confirm that this was the first good amount of exercise I had done in a while and some of those hills burned my legs like crazy. However, at the same time, it was so relaxing to be out in the fresh air with nobody else around. Also in May; I had my first Ikea experience, we ate too many pizzas and too much Ben and Jerry's, we watched a lot of Pretty Little Liars, my grandma came round for Sunday dinner as I had a rare Sunday off work for revision purposes, I joined some work friends for a catch up at the pub, we discovered a lovely Indian buffet restaurant on Newcastle's Quayside for a friends birthday which was followed by a few of us heading into town for the night and Lee treat me to food at our local country pub/restaurant, returning home to ice cream and Lee Evans on Netflix. To celebrate the end of exams, me and my mam had an afternoon of shopping, ending with food and cocktails at Las Iguanas and later on, more food was consumed at the pub, catching up with one of my besties. Bring on June, hopefully with some nicer weather, I hope you had a good month of May.

Rachael x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Wow, the move sounds super exciting! You are very lucky and I hope it all goes smoothly!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, we are super lucky indeed!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy time. I can't believe how fast this year is going too.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next few month will certainly be super busy, I know it's insane!

      Delete

© What Rachael Wrote. All rights reserved.
TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig