28 May 2014

The Summer To Do List

My summer has finally arrived and oh boy am I ready for it. I thought I'd do a little half year (almost) new year's goals update (half a year, how did that happen!) and share some goals of mine for over the summer. In terms of those goals I made back on the 1st of January (who remembers those?) I feel like I've achieved a lot more than expected in half a year; driving test passed, job found, volunteering began and with these things, my comfort zone was definitely stepped out of. Those are some major goals which I've had for a good while, they're like little life steps I suppose, although I don't agree with living your life to a strict plan, it does feel good knowing that I can tick those off my list. As always, this summer I want to try and make the most of it, similar to last year I want to visit lots of places, do fun things, have BBQs, late nights spent chatting in the garden and walks on the beach, spending some quality time with Lee, my friends and family. Being the avid list maker that I am, I've put together some small, achievable goals to keep me busy when I'm not working;

♦ Give blood - right now I have no idea how to go about this, but I'll find out. 


♦ Do the Race for Life in decent time - I'm annoyed at myself for not recording my time when I completed the race for life back in 2011 but I do know that I did some sort of speed walk/casual walk/slight jog rather than running and I think I recall my time being 40 something minutes so hopefully, with my fitness improving, I should be able to run it this time. If you'd like to sponsor me (please don't feel like you have too) you can do that here

Update iTunes - it's in dire need of an update, I've taken to listening to my radio app rather than the actual music on my phone as I've definitely over played every song, even Westlife (not even joking).


♦ Read books - It's been a very long time since I was in to reading and since then it's been a case of only reading a few books when abroad but due to the psychology undergraduate in me, I'm interested in reading a few books centred around mental health (The Psychopath Test and Girl, Interrupted are on my list). Let me know if you know of any others you think I may like, I'm also prone to enjoying a typical romance/girly book so will try to make time for some of those too.


♦ Learn to cook healthy meals - since exercising more and actually thinking about what I'm putting into my body I've been quite enjoying trying new foods and throwing together salads. I'm still an awful cook though, the omelette and scrambled egg were a total fail. I still get awful cravings for chocolate/biscuits/cake but I'm looking forward to putting more time into cooking and hopefully I'll be able to muster up some tasty snacks that will own those cravings, any suggestions are happily welcome!


Update / organise / spring clean my bedroom - something I've wanted to do for ages; my bedroom is always pretty tidy and organised but I want to rearrange some things, give everything a super deep clean, sort out my wardrobe, get rid of everything I don't use and then add some finishing touches and updates to the decor. Flowery fairy lights and new storage is calling my name. I can see this being something I'm going to completely enjoy.

♦ eBay lots - consequently, I'm hopefully going to have a lot of stuff that I want to get rid of so it'll all be thrown on my eBay, I wouldn't say I'm a hoarder as I don't buy a lot but I do find it hard to let go of some things; 'what if I start liking it again', 'what if I need it in the future', 'what if I just want to keep it', no Rachael, be diligent.


♦ Find a new car - a bit of an exciting one, my beloved Corsa is coming to the end of it's life. I figured instead of forking out to repair the current issues, only for more issues to quickly follow I'm sure and because the interior is looking dirty and worn, it's time to say goodbye and say hello to a new little run about. The aim is to find something that's cheap to buy, cheap to insure and cheap to run but in good condition, good luck to me.


♦ Pamper/shopping - have some ME time basically, selfish but amazing and definitely necessary. I spend too much time slobbing around on my laptop refusing to move when really I could be looking after myself and having an nice pamper night instead. I also want to try and worry less about money (t
his = more successful shopping trips), which may seem strange to some, but I hate spending. Although this means I'm good with money, I'm sure giving in and purchasing some things I really love will make me happy, why not. 

What are your summer plans?
Rachael x
SHARE:

34 comments

  1. I need to do so much over the summer, and I'm doing the race for life to- do share your time and how you found it! xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good luck for yours, yes I will do! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely post - you've got me all excited for summer! I'm heading to Turkey next month and just so excited!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie, I'm totally excited too! Ooh sounds lovely, I hope you have a wonderful time! x

      Delete
  3. love this post! plus the ice cream.. delish!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the giving blood front! I really want to do it but have absolutely no idea how or even when the blood drive (that sounds rather morbid) is on in my town.

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap! I know what you mean, it's a strange thing, I'll have too look in to it x

      Delete
  5. Great set of goals. I want to read more and cook more healthily too.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty determined to fulfil both of those little goals :)

      Delete
  6. Such a good list, I need to write something like this. Plus I think eating that ice cream should be high up on your list too! Haha.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belle, Ooh yes I totally agree haha, lots of ice cream is a must! x

      Delete
  7. Great list Rachel! I hope you have a lovely summer. I should really give blood too, as I've never done it before due to having a bit of a needle phobia. But after pregnancy I seem to have gotten over it, you don't really have a choice haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph :) Yes I hope you have a great summer! Haha that's true, you should go for it xx

      Delete
  8. Great list! Totally agree that me-time is so important. :-)

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! Yeah I can't wait to have some good pamper nights! x

      Delete
  9. A great post I agree with so many in this list, good luck in achieving these goals!
    Em x
    Emparkerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just came across your blog through twitter :)
    I love the idea of this post (tempted to do one similar myself!)
    I used to give blood regularly up until I went to uni. You can register at blood.co.uk if you're interested :)
    Sam
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should definitely do your own version! Ooh thank you for letting me know! x

      Delete
  11. Got a few of these on my summer list too, hope you manage to get some of them done, but don't forget to have fun!
    Two Hearts One Roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's good, thanks you too! Yeah having fun is definitely up there at the top of my list, just wanted to keep a record of the more practical goals :)

      Delete
  12. I love Corsa's too ;) Great summer list :P
    Hope you get them all done

    Sensitive Epidermis | Rainbow
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah I've loved owning it but it's definitely coming to the end of it's life, thank you! x

      Delete
  13. i need to do a lot of those things as well! i'm doing a lot of traveling this summer :)

    xx fameliquorlove

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great ideas - I have so many similar aims to these! I am exactly the same with Ebay listings but I really need to have a good clear out. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, aah yes me too! I started on my wardrobe today, it was such a difficult task deciding what really needs to go haha :)

      Delete
  15. So I'm late to the comments here (I've only just discovered your blog - great job, I'm really enjoying browsing through your old posts), but I just wanted to say that I love this list, it's so positive and upbeat… such a good way to start summer :)
    Nathan Filer's The Shock of the Fall is a great book that I think the psychology student in you might enjoy; quite an intense read but so worth it.

    Hannah xx
    http://scrapbookconfidential.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hannah! Yes, funnily enough I just ordered that book a few days ago, I'm really looking forward to reading it xx

      Delete

© What Rachael Wrote. All rights reserved.
TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig